With my final semester of college winding down, life has gotten a bit crazy so I’m going to try and keep the TBR super short this week. I also have been very much a mood reader lately, and am struggling to keep to prescribed reading lists.
Books I’ll definitely be reading this month:
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas – if you have been following the blog, you know that I’m a Maas fan and will definitely be finishing this soon
- Brightly Burning by Alexa Donne – I’m also a massive Jane Eyre fan, and love stories set in space; that makes this sci-fi retelling the perfect mix (you can read more about it on an old Waiting on Wednesday post HERE)
- Emperor Mage by Tamora Pierce – I loved the first two books in this series (click the titles to see reviews for Wild Magic and Wolf-Speaker) and am trying to work through it between all the other books I’m reading!
Classic of the month:
I’m currently torn between whether to read The Odyssey by Homer (which I wanted to read before Circe by Madeline Miller) or Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (HBO is releasing a new adaptation of this classic this month!). This pick will definitely depend on what mood I’m in when starting it.
Up next on my TBR:
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa – I’ve been in the mood for some faerie stories lately, and have been trying to get through this forever. I’ll get to it eventually!
- Mistborn or The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson – Sanderson is going to BookCon next month (which I am also attending) and I really wanted to read some of his books before attending! I know that he writes the kind of stories I will absolutely love, I just haven’t been able to dive into them.
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman – another series that I know that I’ll love but just haven’t had the time for it!
What are you planning on reading this month?