With the new year only being two weeks (!) away, I wanted to announce my participation in a year-long readathon for 2019!
One of my goals for the year is to make sure that out of all the books I read AT LEAST 75% are books I already own or series I have not yet finished. That’s why I’m super excited that a Novel Knight is hosting a year-long reading challenge – Beat the Backlist 2019! If you want to join in, there are (optional) mini reading groups where you can help your team rack up points by finishing books!
Another one of my personal goals this year is to finish series consecutively. I have SO MANY series where I own one (or all) of the books and have never finished the whole series.
Keeping these goals in mind, here are some of my choices for my TBR for the first three or four months of the year.
- The Fallen Kingdom Series – I read the first book this year and really enjoyed it so I went and bought the whole series…and never finished it. This is definitely a series on the top of my Back List.
- The Mistborn Series by Brandon Sanderson – I’m hoping to finish Elantris in December, and then I’m planning to dive right in to this series which has been on my TBR forever.
- City of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty – I HAD to have this book (and ended up getting it signed at BookCon!) but have still not picked it up. Part of the reason is I heard there is a cliffhanger, but the second one is coming out in January so I need to catch up!
- Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon (and more Outlander books) – I still need to finish the fourth installment of the Outlander series and hope to work even further ahead.
- This Mortal Coil Series by Emily Suvada – Even thought it was one of my most anticipated releases of 2017, I still have not read either book in this series – although I own them both!
If you hadn’t noticed – I own all the books in all the series listed. I know, I’m ridiculous and have a book buying problem – which is why I’m trying to cut back to only buying two books a month (I already know I’ll be breaking it in January because of some highly anticipated releases and sequels though haha). It’ll help my bank account and my public library hopefully!
Along with posting on my blog with quarterly updates, I’ll be attempting to participate in Book Rewind Thursday hosted by BookCrushin as much as possible. This challenge is dedicated to sharing reviews from Backlist books every Thursday. Although I doubt I’m disciplined enough to post EVERY week, I’ll be trying my best!
What are some of your bookish goals in the new year?