Top ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader. This weeks prompt is Best Character Names! I’ve cut the list down to five this week, so feel free to chime in the comments if there’s one you guys think so make the list!
1. Celaena / Aelin – from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
*Spoilers if you haven’t read Throne of Glass!* I absolutely love the change of names between Celaena, which means “the dark one” in Greek, and Aelin, which can mean “light” or “strong.” I think the name change really reflects the personality between the two!
2. Mr. Kindly – from Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
What a wonderful name for a shadow cat/darking/fear-eater creature. Every time I hera the name it makes me want to smile.
3. Victor Vale – from Vicious by V. E. Schwab
What a perfect super-villain/superhero name. Vicious is one of my favorite superhero books, and it has some names to match the villainous characters.
4. Lazlo Strange – from Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
Such a whimsical name for a whimsical character! The name was just one more enchanting thing in this absolutely enchanting book.
5. Wade Watts / Parzival – from Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Another superhero-sounding name that I absolutely love. The username of Parzival adds another fun element with the reference to King Arthur that I really appreciate.