I saw this super awesome Book Tag on The Paperback Princess and decided to give it a try! Please feel free to try it yourselves, or comment your own preferences!
1. Inside flap/back of the booksummaries: Too much info or not enough?
I love summaries for fantasy novels because they give you a better idea about what the book will entail; however, when it comes to contemporary romances (or really romances of any kind) I always feel like they’re a little TMI. Especially for books where the couple has a “back story,” I like to figure the back story out as I read rather than read about it in the book summary.
2. New book: What form do you want it in?
Definitely an Ebook! If it’s a book I love or one of my favorite series the hardcover will find it’s way to my shelves later on. EBook’s are so much easier to read, especially when traveling or laying in bed. I’ve been working through The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks for so long simply because I bought the trilogy in one giant volume and can’t easily take it anywhere!
3. Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, take notes, make comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean?
4. Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book? What if you’re unsure of the author’s gender?
It absolutely doesn’t matter to me, as long as it’s a good story. I actually thought that J.K. Rowling was a man until I was over halfway done the series! I normally find out author’s genders now because I follow my favorites on Goodreads or twitter, but it hasn’t influenced my book choices!
5. Ever read ahead? Have you ever read the last page way before you got there?
One of my darkest secrets: whenever I get bored at a certain part of the book, I turn to the last page/chapter and skim it to see what will happen. I hate that I do this, and really wish I could restrain myself, but as of yet have not been able to manage the self control!
6. Organised bookshelves, or outrageous bookshelves?
I love when all books of the same color are organized together, and as a result have my bookshelf organized in a rainbow! You can see a bit of my red/orange shelf in my blog header image!
7. Have you ever purchased a book based on the cover alone?
Absolutely! I love going in to used bookstores and finding cheap, pretty books to read. I actually found my favorite author/series (Sarah J. Maas and Throne of Glass) by looking through the covers in the library’s New section.
8. Take it outside to read, or stay in?
One of my favorite places to read in the summer is by the side of my local pool. I love being able to read and sunbathe with a waterslide only a few feet away! (yes, I am a 5-year-old stuck in a 20-year-old body) If not at the pool, I love curling up in an armchair with a cup of iced or hot tea depending on the season.
What’s your reading style? Do we have anything in common? Please comment below or take up the Tag yourself!
As always thank you so much for reading!